Today, I ran into the following:
Access violation at address 00368099 in module 'dbxora.dll'. Write of address 00000000
It occurs when calling TSqlQuery.Next after retrieving several thousand rows. I stepped through the Delphi code and found the error actually occurs inside the dbxora.dll.
I ran the same query in Toad, which works until you scroll to the bottom of the query.
Then it raises the following message:
ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row
So when I found out the real error was, it was easy to see my mistake and fix the query.
Besides the problem that I created I see the following problems with this story.
- I received an A/V instead of a valid error message.
- The source code to dbxora.dll is not present which means I don't have a way to change this behavior.
Note: This project was written with Delphi XE Update 1