Delphi has always had RTTI, but Delphi 2010 has taken RTTI to the next level.
CodeRage is next week, there are two session that will be covering the RTTI system in Delphi 2010.
The first is Barry Kelly's presentation on "Delphi Compiler RTTI Enhancements" if you have time to only see one, then see this one. Barry is the engineer behind the Compiler RTTI Enhancements. His presentation is currently scheduled for Tuesday.
The second, is mine on "Practical Application of RTTI and Attributes" my presentation is currently scheduled for Thursday.
Both are only 40 minutes long, it is enough to get your tips of your toes wet, and I want to jump right in :-)
As such I have prepared a series of blog posts, I will start posting these after my CodeRage Session. Most likely one each day. Although, I tend to hate teasers, I decided to post one :-P
Here is what to expect:
- Delphi 2010 RTTI - The basics
- Using Attributes and TCustomAttribute descendants
- Exploring TRTTIType in depth
- Introduction to TValue
- Exploring TRttiMember Descendants in depth (Part I) Properties and Fields
- Why I call TRttiContext.Create() and TRttiContext.Free()
- Exploring TRttiMember Descendants in depth (Part II) Methods
- TValue in Depth
- INI persistence the RTTI way
- Xml Serialization - Basic Usage
- Xml Serialization - Control via Attributes
- Attributes: Practical Example- Object to Client Dataset
- Types by Package... Dynamic plug-in systems.
The above list may change a bit as I am still editing the material.
I will update this post with links to the blog posts, as the become available if you want to bookmark this page.
I hope to see you at CodeRage, to unleash the Chaos :-)